Devin and I recently had the chance to visit RRG and climb the Bruisebrothers Wall. Since I was not lead certified, we booked our climbing session with Red River Gorge Guides. Our guide David was extremely professional, skilled, and safety-oriented. He had us start on 5.7 route first to gauge our skill levels, then decided on the subsequent routes to climb on the spot; throughout the session he also checked with us our route preference (length + difficulty) to ensure we were still having fun.
Read more about our trip: Climbing Red River Gorge.
There are multiple climbing guides in the Red; after shopping around a bit, we (by we I mean Devin, since he did all the bookings) ended up going with Red River Gorge Guides due to availability, pricing, and following reasons:
- Half day (4.5 hr) guided climbing sessions
- Full day (8.5 hr) is also available but didn’t fit into our schedule
- Each session accommodates up to 6 people
- Guide will set up the ropes and belay throughout the session
- This is absolutely needed for those who are not lead certified, or are not comfortable leading outdoors yet
- Costs $100/ person for a group of two, all gear and equipment included
- One of the cheapest rates in the area
- No need to have prior climbing experience
Reservation with the company can be done via the online system or via phone call. According to the website, 24-hour notice is recommended, but the company will accommodate last minute requests as much as possible.
For those having issues booking online, here is a walkthrough for how to book.
Comment below if you have climbed in The Red or are planning to go!